What is Exchange Course Builder?
Exchange Course Builder is a tool designed for instructors to assemble course resource materials for students. The instructor is given free access to the entire Exchange online library of over 2,300 digital resources. By searching Exchange resources, the instructor can build a reading list and share it with their students. The students follow the link to purchase the selected resources. Get started today.
Why should I use Exchange Course Builder?
There are many benefits to using Exchange Course Builder for your courses. Exchange Course Builder allows you to:
And best of all... there is no cost to you!
- Create a customized list of the resources you want to use in your course that is more cost effective for your students than a traditional textbook;
- Easily keep track of, reuse, and/or modify your lists for every course;
- Receive instant access to new resources when they are added to the Exchange online library;
- Share your selected resources with your students without having to secure reprint permissions and/or make copies; and
- Build your course list at your convenience anywhere you have an internet connection.
How do I subscribe?
To subscribe to Exchange Course Builder, complete a short form requesting access and we’ll contact you with instructions on how to get started.
How do I access Course Builder?
Once we have set up your account, you can access Course Builder through your online Exchange account. To do this:
- Go to the Exchange website – www.childcareexchange.com
- Login to your account in the upper right hand corner using your email address and password.
- Once logged in, you will land on your My Account page.
- Scroll down until you see Course Builder in the left hand column.
- If this is your first visit to Course Builder or you are ready to create a new list, click on Create a New Course. To view your existing lists, click on Manage Courses.
How do I create a list?
- First, be sure that you are logged into your online Exchange account.
- To create a list, click on the Create a New Course link on your My Account page or the Create a New Course button on the Manage Courses page.
- Next you will be asked to name your course. This name will be used both on your Manage Courses page and for your students when they purchase the list.
- To find resources, use the search field to search by topic, title, or author.
- To sort your search results, you can click on the column titles (Title, Author, Category, or Date).
- To view more details about a resource, click the More Info button. This will display a summary of the resource, the price, and a link to the full PDF of the resource.
- To include a resource on your reading list, click the Add button. You will see the item in your reading list on the right side of the page.
Why can’t I save my list?
- You must have an active subscription and be logged into your online Exchange account to save and edit lists.
How do I modify or access an existing list?
- In order to view your existing lists, you must be logged into your online Exchange account. On the My Account page on the bottom left, click on the Manage Courses link. From here, you can select the list you would like to view and/or edit.
How do I share a list with my students?
- When you are viewing the list, click on Save and Share. This will provide you with a link to send to your students. You will also be able to see what your students will view when they follow the link to purchase the list.
- You can also reach this page by clicking on View next to the course on the Mangage Courses page.