A Toolkit of Adult Education Instructional Strategies ONLINE.
CLICK HERE to view the Toolkit on CD
This resource is delivered ONLINE as a flip PDF with downloadable files and streaming video. The videos of this resource require an internet connection.
This resource requires Adobe FLASH plugin to function. Some newer versions of mobile browsers do not support Adobe FLASH. To download FLASH, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. To test whether your mobile device can use this resource, try the "View a Sample" link below.
Permission is granted for use of this product by one individual program director, trainer, or college educator. Contact Exchange to obtain licensing for institutional training purposes (including train-the-trainer).
View a selection of pages from Engaging Adult Learners (please note that many links are not active in the sample)
The more ways you teach, the more people you reach. - Colin Rose
The application of Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences to teach children also applies to how you teach adults. Whether you're presenting in a lunchroom, boardroom, classroom or ballroom, you need to address the eight ways of learning to get your message to stick.
Just because content is offered doesn't mean it is learned. "Engaging Adult Learners Using Multiple Intelligences" will help you adapt your existing content to increase learner motivation through a systematic instructional approach to address the individual strengths and diverse intelligences of ALL the adults in your audience.
This is not your typical "speaker guide" that looked good in the bookstore but is now gathering dust on your bookshelf because it is so cumbersome to use. Rather, this is an interactive toolkit presented in digital format on CD, complete with hyperlinks that let you search and skip to exactly what you are looking for.
This resource "walks the talk," presenting strategies for teaching adults in the same way content should be thoughtfully presented to teach for understanding. It includes:
- 18 videos demonstrating teaching strategies in a live setting
- 49 active engagement activities sorted by intelligence
- 32 downloadable Word and PowerPoint templates you can modify to your specific content
These down-to-earth practical strategies will help you address the learning principle that an audience's interaction with content is actually more important than the presentation of the content. This dynamic resource will transform your presentations, creating lasting change through authentic engagement, empowered learning, and intentional practice.
Table of Contents
- Adult Educator as Life-Long Learner
- Ensuring Quality of Learning
- How adults Learn
- The Four Ms – Guidelines for Engaging Adult Learners
- Symptoms of Learner Disengagement
- Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple intelligences
- Categories of Multiple Intelligences
- How Are You Smart?
- Differentiating Between Content and Intelligence
- How to Use This Toolkit
- The Toolkit of Instructional Strategies Using the Multiple Intelligences
- Index of Active Engagement Activities
- Existential Intelligence
- Chronicles of Application
- Strategies to Address Types of Disengagement
- Goal Action Plan
- Index of Supplementary Materials and Videos