Take this Turn-Key Online Learning course and earn .3 CEU from The University of Oklahoma, Center for Early Childhood Professional Development.
Learn more about Turn-Key Online Learning.
Challenging behavior is one of the biggest issues early childhood educators face every day. Most often these behaviors are caused by challenges presented by the social and physical environment, yet often the approach is to "fix" the child rather than "fix" the factors that contribute to the behavior. This Turn-Key training program will provide the knowledge base and practical strategies teachers need to strive to minimize challenging behavior in the classroom. Watch the following video to learn more.
This innovative, comprehensive ten-lesson video course helps teachers minimize challenging behavior by promoting these positive classroom practices:
- Creating a well-designed physical environment
- Implementing a child-focused curriculum
- Helping children with problem solving skills
- Planning a predictable, well-paced day
- Fostering relationship-building
This course includes:
- 10 video presentations
- Insights from experts in the field
- Real-life interactions gathered from classrooms across the
- Learning objectives and reflection questions
- Extension activities and additional resources
- Closed captioning
What we do today, matters tomorrow. The time for you to help
all children is now.
Lesson One - Child Development (42:06)
• Developmental Milestones
• Social and Emotional Health
• Behavior and Cues
• Protective Factors and Resilience
Lesson Two - Challenging Behaviors and
Risk Factors (47:56)
• What is Challenging Behavior?
• Including All Children
• Internalizing and Externalizing Behavior
• Children and Stress
• Violence, Abuse, and Trauma