Take this Turn-Key Online Learning course and earn .3 CEU from The University of Oklahoma, Center for Early Childhood Professional Development.
Learn more about Turn-Key Online Learning.
Challenging behavior is one of the biggest issues early childhood educators face every day. Most often these behaviors are caused by challenges presented by the social and physical environment, yet often the approach is to "fix" the child rather than "fix" the factors that contribute to the behavior. This Turn-Key training program will provide the knowledge base and practical strategies teachers need to strive to minimize challenging behavior in the classroom. Watch the following video to learn more.
This innovative, comprehensive ten-lesson video course helps teachers minimize challenging behavior by promoting these positive classroom practices:
- Creating a well-designed physical environment
- Implementing a child-focused curriculum
- Helping children with problem solving skills
- Planning a predictable, well-paced day
- Fostering relationship-building
This course includes:
- 10 video presentations
- Insights from experts in the field
- Real-life interactions gathered from classrooms across the
- Learning objectives and reflection questions
- Extension activities and additional resources
- Closed captioning
What we do today, matters tomorrow. The time for you to help
all children is now.
Lesson Six - Teachers Making a Differences (46:30)
• Knowing Yourself
• Taking Care of Yourself
• Intentional Teaching
• Effective Praise
• Policies and Procedures
Lesson Seven - Working with Families (45:07)
• Developing Respectful Partnerships
• Understanding Cultural Values
• Communication and Coordination
• Reducing Family Stress
• Avoiding Expulsion