Take this Turn-Key Online Learning course and earn .4 CEU from The University of Oklahoma, Center for Early Childhood Professional Development.
Learn more about Turn-Key Online Learning.
Challenging behavior is one of the biggest issues early childhood educators face every day. Most often these behaviors are caused by challenges presented by the social and physical environment, yet often the approach is to "fix" the child rather than "fix" the factors that contribute to the behavior. This Turn-Key training program will provide the knowledge base and practical strategies teachers need to strive to minimize challenging behavior in the classroom. Watch the following video to learn more.
This innovative, comprehensive ten-lesson video course helps teachers minimize challenging behavior by promoting these positive classroom practices:
- Creating a well-designed physical environment
- Implementing a child-focused curriculum
- Helping children with problem solving skills
- Planning a predictable, well-paced day
- Fostering relationship-building
This course includes:
- 15 video presentations
- Insights from experts in the field
- Real-life interactions gathered from classrooms across the
- Learning objectives and reflection questions
- Extension activities and additional resources
- Closed captioning
What we do today, matters tomorrow. The time for you to help
all children is now.
Intervention and Strategies
Lesson Eight - Developing a Behavior Plan (47:19)
• Why is the Child Using the Behavior?
• Goal Setting
• Frequency, Intensity, and Duration
• Six Steps to a Behavior Plan
• Looking for Outside Help
Lesson Nine - Intervention Strategies – Part 1 (46:09)
• Intervention Strategies
• Withdrawn Behaviors
• Positive Guidance and Discipline
• Developing Empathy
• Developing Self-regulation
Lesson Ten - Intervention Strategies – Part 2 (43:22)
• Responding to Anger and Aggression
• Time In - Regroup and Reset
• Making Genuine Amends
• Addressing Hurtful Behavior
• Responding to Dangerous Behaviors