These are not your typical training DVDs. No scripts. No staged events. Imagine sitting down for a one-on-one conversation with some of the leaders in the field of early care and education. Imagine them presenting at your next class, staff development or training session. This is the concept behind Voices on DVD.
This powerful series of DVDs offers you practical ideas and experienced insights from seasoned professionals who speak with the passion and perspective that can only come from years of working with directors, teachers, young children, and their families. Interlaced with real-life classroom video, they provide a rich platform for staff development and training sessions that will inspire, motivate, teach, provoke new thinking, and generate lively discussions.
Child Assessment - Chapters:
- What is the purpose of child assessment? - 7:35
- What are the benefits of gathering assessment data? - 7:07
- When should teachers assess a child's developmental progress? - 6:29
- How do we know that a child assessment is reliable? - 6:22
- How can teachers gather useful information during assessments? - 9:39
- What are the challenges of assessing a child whose first language is not English? - 6:42
- In what way is assessment data useful to teachers? - 8:15
- What are the common misunderstandings about child assessment? - 6:50
- Johnna Darragh Ernst, Ph.D.
Professor, Early Childhood Education Heartland Community College
- Debra R. Sullivan, Ed.D.
President, Praxis Institute for Early Childhood Education
- Elanna S. Yalow, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Executive Vice President, Knowledge Universe
Vice Chair, Knowledge Learning Corporation
- Nancy Rosenow
Executive Director, Dimensions Educational Research Foundation
- Lilian G. Katz, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita and Co-Director Clearinghouse on Early Education & Parenting
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- Fredalene Barletta Bowers, Ph.D.
Professor, Child Development & Family Studies Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Victoria R. Fu, Ph.D.
Professor of Human Development Virginia Tech
- Mary Zurn, Ph.D.
Vice President, Education & Professional Development
Primrose School Franchising Company
- James Strickland
Researcher and former Head Start Administrator
THIS DVD IS NTSC FORMAT AND CANNOT BE
PLAYED IN PAL FORMAT PLAYERS
Permission is granted for use of a DVD by one individual program director, trainer, or college educator working with up to 75 people. Usage by large early childhood organizations, colleges, and other training institutions must be negotiated in advance. Contact Exchange at (425) 883-9394 or send an email to bookstore@ChildCareExchange.com