Could your early childhood program benefit from having more money with which to
expand services, increase staff salaries, buy new equipment, enlarge or remodel your space...or simply stabilize your annual budget despite rising costs and/or decreasing support from your usual funding sources?
This book will help you make that happen. You will learn:
- how to identify people in your community who are most likely to contribute to your program - even if they’ve never heard of it
- how to ask for money
- the value of fund-raising events
- tried and true ideas for direct mail appeals
- where to find foundations that could be a source of grants for you and - more important - how to write proposals that they will fund.
- how to prepare successful government proposals
- what you need for a capital campaign
There are other books about fund-raising or grant writing. This is the only one that is specific to programs serving young children, their families, their caregivers, and their teachers, with detailed, real-life examples -- written by Roberta L. Bergman, a veteran consultant and grant writer with a strong early childhood background.