To subscribe to ExchangeEveryDay
, a free daily e-newsletter, go to www.ccie.com/eed
Symptoms of Adult Learner Disengagement
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not.
Ann Brashares, Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
Constant Hine outlines some common indicators that adult learners are not engaged in a learning experience in CD toolkit, Engaging Adult Learners Using Multiple Intelligences:
- Learners are hesitant to interact with you or peers.
- Learners do not care — leaning back, arms crossed, putting hands on heads, etc.
- Learners do not ask questions about the material.
- Participants do not share an understanding of the content when opportunities are provided.
- Participants repeatedly make "Yeah... but" statements.
- Participants make comments like, "This is good theory, but..."
- Learners have a "deer in headlights" expression.
- Learners are acting in inappropriate ways during the session — texting, arriving late, side talking, etc.
For more information about Exchange's
magazine, books, and other products pertaining to ECE, go to www.ccie.com
© 2005 Child Care Information Exchange - All Rights Reserved
| Contact Us
| Return to Site