The Art of Awareness, 2nd Edition: How Observations Can Transform Your Teaching
The art of observing children is more than merely the act of watching themâ€"it is also using what you see and hear to craft new opportunities in your classroom. This resource provides a wealth of inspiration and practice. It will help you learn to observe in new ways. You'll witness children's remarkable competencies as they experience childhood, and find new joy in your work with children.
The Art of Awareness, Second Edition, includes:
- Ten study sessions to help you advance your skills and practice observing children from different points of view
- Stories, photographs, and classroom reflections modeling the ways observation can be used and displayed in your own teaching
- Activities to help you notice and appreciate what you see
- New ideas and strategies to organize your observations, share them with colleagues and families, and apply them to planning and assessment processes
- Emphasis on cultural awareness, observing through an objective lens, and using technology as an observation tool
By learning the art and skill of observation, you can change your teaching for the better.
Age focus: 0â€"5. Softbound, 232 pgs.