Article Link: http://www.childcareexchange.com/article/thriving-in-tough-times-keeping-your-enrollment-boat-afloat-in-low-tide/5015706/Are there days when you feel like your center is being attacked by the enrollment pirates? You may not see the Black Pearl sailing on the horizon, but if you take a look from the crow’s nest of your center, what’s clearly in sight are some of these facts affecting enrollment:
• It’s not as easy to enroll prospects as it used to be.
• There have been significant cuts in government tuition subsidies.
• Your competition is working harder than ever to woo your prospects and customers away.
• The length of your waiting lists, if they exist at all, is shorter than it used to be.
• Program growth projections are trickier because of fluctuations in parents’ needs for early care and education services.
• Customers leave with very little explanation, and you scramble to replace them to meet your budget numbers.
Some business experts predict that a tight economy, intense competition, and demanding customers will become the norm for at least the next decade. To ride what may be rough waters in your target markets, your commitment to quality must go beyond a beautiful center, a recognized curriculum, and a well-trained staff. Your willingness to take necessary action now can be your life buoy for ...