ExchangeEveryDay Past Issues
<< Previous Issue
| View Past Issues
| | Next Issue >>
April 22, 2021
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrain of nature — the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.
Each year Earth Day is celebrated on April 22. NOAA (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the US Department of Commerce) offers “Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth”:
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away...
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community...
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions...
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don't send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.
Vicki Bohling-Phillipi, in an article that provides the foundation for an Out of the Box Training Kit, “Using the Power of Nature to Help Children Heal" wrote:
“Our classrooms and homes are often filled with children who are hurting in one way or another and need the healing influence that a close, personal connection with nature can provide.”
|Out of the Box Training Kits
Use coupon code SUPPORT
for buy one, get one FREE Out of the Box Kits
The Out of the Box Training Kit, Hard Joys: Managing Behavior with a Creative Mind and a Playful Spirit, introduces six teaching tools for reshaping trying behaviors in young children. It will help teachers individualize their teaching responses to each child.
Out of the Box Training Kits are ready-to-use professional development programs on a variety of contemporary topics to support and improve the skills and pedagogy of those who work with young children.
|Use coupon code SUPPORT when prompted.
May not be combined with any other offer. Not applicable on past purchases. Sale expires May 6, 2021, at 11:59 pm PST.
What is ExchangeEveryDay?
ExchangeEveryDay is the official electronic newsletter for Exchange Press. It is delivered five days a week containing news stories, success stories, solutions, trend reports, and much more.