ExchangeEveryDay Past Issues
<< Previous Issue
| View Past Issues
| | Next Issue >>
June 1, 2021
The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now.
In her article that’s part of the Exchange Essentials article collection, “Children with Challenging Behavior
," Mary Louise Hemmeter offers the following philosophy statements:
- Children are in the process of learning acceptable behavior.
- An effective guidance approach is preventative because it respects feelings while addressing behavior.
- Adults seek to understand reasons for children's behavior.
- A supportive relationship between an adult and a child is the most critical component of effective guidance.
- Adults use forms of guidance and group management that help children learn self-control and responsiveness to the needs of others.
- Adults model appropriate expressions of their feelings.
- Adults make needed adjustments to a child's environment or schedule to meet his or her needs.
Use coupon code ESSENTIALS
for buy two, get two FREE Exchange Essentials
The Exchange Essentials PDF, Children with Challenging Behavior Part 1, provides tools and strategies for managing challenging behavior.
In our large collection of Exchange Essentials article collections, find resources on subjects such as administration, child development, curriculum, environments, family, and leadership.
|Use coupon code ESSENTIALS at checkout.
Offer valid through June 2, 2021, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
May not be combined with any other offer.
Not valid on past purchases or bulk discounts.
What is ExchangeEveryDay?
ExchangeEveryDay is the official electronic newsletter for Exchange Press. It is delivered five days a week containing news stories, success stories, solutions, trend reports, and much more.